The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

May Look Fantastic Beauty Box

So if you've been following my blog you'll know that Look Fantastic were kind enough to give me a 12-month subscription to their beauty box (here) so every month I will be doing an unboxing video...





and full review on each of the products...




I have never been one for serums. I don't really believe there are any miracle creams out there but it was interesting to give this one a go. It definitely makes your face super soft and I can see why the product is so expensive. Would I go out and buy it? Certainly not on my pay cheque!




This product is pretty damn amazing. It would be great for those that travel a lot because it can be used on face, body and hair! I have never seen a product like it. It smells nice and it gives a lovely subtle shimmer. It is a bit awkward to use though if you wanted to do your whole body, I felt like I was wasting some of the product by pouring it on myself. I did put a tiny bit of this product on the ends of my hair and it just looked greasy but I will give this a better attempt and let you all know! I do love the product for perhaps just your legs to give a nice shimmer.




So I love tanning products - I mean what feels sexier than having a golden glow; see my post on how to fake tan here. I am so used to moose based self tans that I was a little unsure on this lotion type but I went ahead... first I noted that it was harder to sort of spread than a moose - it was very thick - but it did go on dark so you could see where you had applied the product which is always handy. I got dressed and went to bed for the tan to develop over 9 hours. I woke up, had my shower and it revealed a beautiful natural tan... however my bed sheets were not so beautiful! I was gutted. I think I'll stick to my St Moriz moose after that disaster. Although the tan itself was good and I would be willing to try the moose product, in case it is only the lotion types that transfer onto clothes/sheets.




What girl doesn't love a hair treatment. I tried this out and I'm still not certain... straight after using this products and drying my hair, it seemed so dry and more damaged then when I went in the shower but after a while it did get soft... I'm not sure how or if this is how the product is meant to work but I will definitely continue to use it and see if over a long period of time it makes a difference. The product does smell soooo good though.



I love false eyelashes and these were perfectly natural. However, I did still have to add my own glue to them anyway so I wouldn't specifically go out for pre-glued lashes. But Eylure are a great brand although as I said in the video, in my opinion a little on the expensive side. I get my lashes from Elf for $1 in America and you just can't beat it.




This cleansing balm is something totally new for me. It smells rather odd and is not the easiest to apply but I do feel like it is doing something and it is similar to products that I have seen when getting a facial. I will continue to use this product and see if using it for a while makes a difference to my skin. Although, luckily I have little issues with my skin, I look after it and I also don't wear makeup frequently so perhaps that's why I haven't noticed a huge difference yet. 




Thank you, as always Look FantasticThis box gets ***** this month from me!

At the end of the 12 months (a long way away I know - Feb 2016) I will be choosing my favorite products and let you know what products I have actually used frequently or even brought again.


I recommend these boxes anyway as it is like a present to yourself... you never know what you're going to get except some great products to try out (possibly ones you would never have thought about buying before).

Go and subscribe to my YouTube to see next months unbox as well! (& a primark haul coming soon).


Jess x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig