The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

5 ways to stay healthy at work

I know that a lot of people struggle to keep healthy at work, especially when working in an office. I know I used to be one of those people anyway...

So here are my top 5 tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle even at work with a never ending biscuit tin!

1. Prep.
Probably the most obvious point.

I usually prep my snacks for the week on Sunday evening and then just prep my lunch the night before... I always have salad in the summer months which is great and can be totally different each day. Just make sure to get enough healthy carbs, fats and protein in your day - I will do some lunchtime meal recipe ideas soon! Some inbetween meal / snack ideas could be Greek yogurt (which you can add different things to each day to mix it up) my favourite is peanut butter! Also, carrot or cucumber sticks. I usually have at least all of this in one day.

If you prep for the week, I think the protein element is ok for four days max so when I do this I usually do Monday - Thursday and do something fresh for Friday.


2. Have healthy snacks.
Aside from all of that I have mentioned above, it's always great to have a few extras lying around just in case you feel particularly hungry one day. My favourite for this is a mix of seeds and berries. If everyone is chatting in the kitchen, take these with you so you don't get tempted by those high fat and  sugary foods that everyone else is eating.



3. Drink water... a LOT of it.
I personally love water so have no problem in drinking litres of the stuff but I know a lot of people don't like water so why not try an infruition bottle - it really works. I recommend always adding a slice of lemon into it to aid digestion. Also, swap a regular tea for a herbal tea. You'll learn to love it if you don't already.


4. Move.
Move around when you can. Always offer to make the tea or do the photocopying. In fact, if you're drinking enough, you'll have to get up to go to the toilet more anyway!


5. Say no.
Say no when offered cake or biscuits. You have your own snacks remember. This becomes so much easier when the above tips have been fulfilled as you'll find you are actually far too full up to even want the packet of biscuits that you usually demolish!


I hope this helps some of you!

Jess x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig