The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Friday, 6 March 2015

RECIPE: Avocado Prawn Zoodles

Hi everyone,

I apologise for my lack of postings this week - I am currently completing year one of my post grad course and will be fully back next week with loads of exciting new posts!

But in the mean time I thought I would share with you the dinner I made tonight;


Avocado-Basil Prawn Zoodles/Courgetti 

Serves: 3.
Total time: 15 minutes.

Ingredients
3 courgettes
1 avocado (or 2 small ones)
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
Prawns (I did one whole small packet)
Sweetcorn (I poured about two handfuls out from my frozen packet)
1 garlic clove
4 tsp lime juice + some for seasoning.
Salt
Pepper
Chili powder
Fresh Basil (approx. 15 leaves for the sauce and a few for garnish).




Method

Prep
Turn your three courgettes into noodles.
Season the prawns with salt, pepper, chili powder and a splash of lime juice (or whatever you prefer).

Sauce
Place all the ingredients (lime, salt, pepper, garlic, basil, avocado and yogurt) in a food processor and pulse until creamy.

Dinner
First, cook your sweetcorn, which I just do in the microwave for 4 minutes.

While this is cooking, it is time to cook the prawns.

Place the zoodles, sauce and sweetcorn in the wok on a very low heat.

Plate up, garnish with the extra basil leaves & you're ready to go.

Enjoy!


If I were to do it again, I would cook the sauce separately and only add a bit to the dish (as it seemed to just double, somehow) and leave the rest in a bowl for people to add when necessary.

You could also have it on top of a nice salad - I think that would be yummy in the summer.

Jess x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig