The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Friday, 30 January 2015

RECIPE: black bean brownie bites

Morning everyone,

I have been so excited about this post!

BLACK BEAN BROWNIE BITES are the most delicious healthy snack ever.


Sorry it has taken me so long to post this, I just wanted to put my own twist on a recipe I found to make it even more scrummmmy.

Clean eating does not have to be boring - we all need some treats in our life. This is certainly better than reaching for some sweets or chocolate bars (as I would usually do or should I say used to do!)

These are so easy and so tasty... you wouldn't believe they're not normal brownies! Promise.


Ingredients
Black Beans - 1 19 oz can / 1 & 3/4 cup - rinse well and drain.
Unsweetened almond milk (which I love even though I don't like nuts really) - 1/4 cup
Maple syrup - 1/3 cup
Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
Ground almonds - 1/4 cup
Eggs - 2
Pitted dates - small handful; about 4
Unsweetened applesauce - 2 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Dark Chocolate chips - 1/3 cup (or less but no more!)

Method
Prep
First, preheat the oven to about 175 degrees C.
Then grease your tin (with coconut oil / non-stick spray or other alternatives).
Mixture
Combine the black beans and the almond milk in a blender/food processor.
When this is smooth, add the maple syrup, dates, eggs, applesauce and vanilla extract - blend again for about 30 seconds until all ingredients are combined.
In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients (you'll notice these are the dry ingredients).
Then slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until it is all well combined.
Sprinkle in the dark chocolate chips in by hand.
Add the batter into the tin and smooth it all out.
To finish
Bake for 30 minutes.
Then remove the tin from oven and let it cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting them up.


Makes about 30-40 bites (depending on the size and thickness you do but I recommend small for nibbles). You can store them in a container in the fridge for several days.


My boyfriend loves them straight out the oven but I think there so much nicer after they have been in the fridge for a few hours (and I'm sure they kept getting nicer and nicer as time went on!) 

Enjoy!

& let me know what you think if you make them.

Jess x

PS. don't be put off by the horrible smell of the black beans - they taste nice honest! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig