The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

HOW TO: stop coughing at night

Hi everyone,

Welcome to my most utterly random post to date!

Now, if you've read my previous fitness post or follow me on Twitter (I apologise) you'll know I've been stuck in bed with the flu for almost a week now.

I have obviously been doing all the usual things to help me get better - resting, drinking 'lots' of water, trying to eat plain foods, taking flu tablets and paracetamol, as well as cough syrup medicine and those longueurs when needed.

But last night my dad came into my room and bluntly suggested that I rub vic onto my feet.

My first reaction was to laugh (and then cough) in his face.

He then went on to tell me that he can't sleep because I keep coughing in the night... I knew I had a little cough along with this flu but I didn't realise I coughed that much at night.

Anyway, so I thought I'd hear him out because my parents don't deserve not to sleep when it's me that's ill.

He told me that if I rub vic (the vapo rub) on my feet and put socks over that (and put vic on my chest and all the usual places) I shouldn't cough as much in the night.

So I thought to myself well why not, it can't do any damage. I will do anything to get better already!! 


Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling so much stronger. Now it could be a huge coincidence but how weird is that!

Apparently he didn't hear me cough at all and I do feel as if I have had a much better sleep (I knew I wasn't sleeping as normal but I didn't think I was having that much trouble at night). 

He informed me that it works for him when he gets a cough and he has told numerous people to do it and it has also worked for them. It might not stop you coughing completely but it might help you cough less.

So hopefully, I'll be back up on my feet soon posting lots of fashion pictures and joining in properly on my/our fitness journey!

It might not work for everyone, but why not give it a try?


Let me know if anyone has heard of this before (I certainly haven't) or if you have tried this before? 

Hope you feel better soon if you are ill !



All links are on the right (instagram) (tumblr) (youtube) 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig