The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Monday, 12 January 2015

Day 9 - fitness journey: juicing and blending

Hi everyone,

How are you all doing? Are the health and fitness journeys going well? Let me know in the comments below (or feel free to privately message me if you would prefer that).

You can always reach me on my blog or any of my social media websites (links are all on the right of my blog) if you wanted to chat about anything!

Ok, so this post is really a question I wanted to ask you all. I have so much information to share on health and fitness it is so hard to even know where to start - so in fact I thought I would come and ask you what sorts of things you would like to read about first?

I started with whole grains as I think this is such an important factor for a healthy diet. But now I get down to writing more posts I can’t decide where to start.

Let me know!

 


Juicing and Blending

I’ve had a few people ask me about my personal fitness journey and specifically about the smoothies I am attempting.
I have brought and used my blender already, so I am going to try and post smoothie recipes soon, as well as soup recipes and sauce recipes (I will be doing frozen smoothies and cocktails in the summer with it as well... A bubble gum daiquiri is a must try!)

I am also tempted to buy a juicer so I can post recipes on those too - what do you guys think?
I am going to post the general benefits of the ingredients I use and why the combination works - but you're going to have to bare with me guys as I am new to all of this as well… I will post my (not perfect) recipes up and let you know what I think needs changing and see if together we can come up with the perfect combinations!

Remember, we are looking for the healthy, balanced lifestyle not a quick fix and I don’t recommend replacing all your meals with juices and smoothies!
 

FAQ - What is the difference between juicing and blending?

So basically;

A juicer extracts all the fibre from the fruit and vegetables that you put into it. It doesn’t require much from your digestive system in getting the nutrients and enzymes into the right places as its consistency is the same of water. The ratio of 3 veg : 1 fruit works best as fruit contains a lot of sugars.
A smoothie is made in the blender and uses the whole of the fruit and vegetables that you put into it with all of the fibre. Smoothies are much better for breakfast or for filling you up – the combination here is so important.  



All links are on the right (instagram) (tumblr) (youtube) (facebook)
 

 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooh this is interesting. I've been thinking about adding smoothies to my diet to get the extra veggies in :)

    Bex x

    Bubblybex3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I think it's defintely good for you with the right combination :) spinach, kale, cucumber, celery and chia seeds are good to mix with a bit of fruit... I'll do a post on it all and recipes soon :) x

      Delete
    2. Fab :) recipes are always welcome!
      As well as being full of goodness these will keep you feeling full between meals I imagine.
      Eek can't wait to try now x

      Delete

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig