The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Monday, 15 December 2014

Why I love the gym - fitness journey 2015

Hi everyone,

I thought I would do my next blog post on fitness today.




Now, I know that some of my friends and quite a lot of people don't actually enjoy the gym (or in actual fact just think they won't enjoy it) but I thought I'd write about why I do and maybe some of you will change your mind about it...

Firstly, it is a great stress reliever, making you feel good and happy about yourself; and  although knackered straight after, I generally have much more energy for the day. The hormones you release while exercising actually release "happiness" so what more reason do you need to get down to the gym! See: Stress.org.

The first few weeks might be daunting but once you get into it you honestly won't be able to get away. You will notice positive changes to your body and to your mind and this will make training so addictive!

Most gyms offer a free one day trial so make sure to ask about that and you could try the gym out before making a commitment to join.

Many people prefer to go to classes because you have someone to help you and basically make you do the work so here are some of my favourites:

1. Burn and Tone - this is a killer workout involving cardio and weights! I love it!

2. Body Pump - works on the whole body, and again is one of my favourites.

3. Spinning - is not as hard as people make out! you can stick to what level you feel comfortable with... I actually prefer the 'express spin' which is 30 minutes not 45.



4. Pilates - is great and very relaxing but unfortunately is on at awkward times at my gym.

I know that my gym offers classes contract free, where you just pay per session instead so now you have no excuse not to give it a try!

I do personally also love just going to the gym - leg day is one of my favourites but I tend to avoid working on my abs and arms for some reason and it will definitely be my next goal.

I am aiming to start a fitness journey on my blog in the new year if anyone would like to join me - I am going to spend my Christmas bonus on new fitness items, such as a little juicer to make smoothies which is something I have never tried before (and I don't like fruit) so the more people doing this with me the better! I will be posting any recipes I try and what I have been up to at the gym and all the things I already incorporate into my daily lifestyle (cayenne pepper, green tea etc). So let me know if you are joining me. Let's make 2015 our healthiest one yet!

Also let me know if you have any favourite smoothie recipes, or in fact which blender I should buy! 



I will do a gym fashion post before this as well to help you prepare for our journey!


All links are on the right (instagram) (tumblr) (youtube
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig