The life of a 20-something year old; Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blogger.

Saturday, 25 October 2014

8 ways to wear that staple LBD

Every girl needs to own a staple little black dress. If you follow me on instagram you will notice I wear a lot of black outfits - I think it is such a classic look.

So I thought for my next blog, I would take the most basic LBD and create 8 different outfits...

The dress I chose for this challenge was a simple £7.99 dress from Missguided (which appears to have gone up in price... but here is the link www.missguided.co.uk/alison-racer-bodycon-dress)

I could have gone on forever - they are so easy to style for any occasion, but here are my 8 ways to wear that staple LBD...


1. Holiday style

Wear your LBD with a kimono and your favorite sandals for a casual holiday vibe.

Kimono - Boohoo
Sandals - Francesca's 



 2. As a skirt

Wear your LBD with a jumper to create the idea that the dress is a skirt, team with tights and trainers for a casual but cosy look.

Jumper - H&M
Trainers - Converse



 3. Cold days

Wear your LBD with a big cardigan, scarf, thick tights (I need to buy some!) and some boots for a great winter look.

Cargigan & scarf - Forever21
Tights - Primark
Boots - ?



4. Work style

Wear your LBD with a a smart blazer or jacket and your classic work shoes (and maybe some tights) and you can go to work looking good.

Jacket - Topshop
Shoes - Debenhams



 5. Casual day out

Wear your LBD with a bomber jacket and pumps for a great casual day out.


Bomber jacket - Topshop
Pumps - Primark



 6. Smart day out

Wear your LBD with a jacket and your favorite smart shoes when you're off on a nice day out.

Jacket - Loft
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Michael Kors



 7. Night out

Wear your LBD with some killer heels and a statement necklace and you're good to go on that night out.

Necklace - New Look
Shoes - Public Desire



 8. With a shirt

Wear your LBD with a shirt and you can create any type of look you want. I have gone for the casual look with trainers and a A&F shirt, but you could team it with a nice smart shirt and some heels for a more formal look.

Shirt - Abercrombie & Fitch
Trainers - Nike


I hope I have helped someone with outfit ideas for their little black dress & if you don't have one - go and buy one now! I recommend this Missguided dress just because it is so plain that you really can wear it with anything!



All links are at the bottom of the page (instagram) (tumblr) (youtube




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Beth Frances Barrett | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig